Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Got hair? - II

After weeks of research the hair removal devices that are available in the market these days, I choose Silk'n Flash and Go.

The machine is very compact: it's only this "pistol" and the cable, nothing else. The design is very good; the anatomic shape makes it easy to hold and the size of the frame is quite big but not too big that would make it hard to use in small/bonny areas. The menu is easy and intuitive. The device seems strong, it doesn't feel like a toy.

The instructions recommend to start from the weakest level of light power. But... Whadahell! I went for full power.

I started from the legs. Half leg to be honest, cause I don't have hair on my thighs. I felt no pain. Depending on the area I would feel nothing more than a tingle. Behind the legs, it was a bit more sensitive, and surprising the knees were the most sensitive areas! There I felt like a gentle rubber band snap.

The device was smartly designed to leave the frame mark on the skin for some minutes after you use it. It's a good idea to put pressure on it, cause this marks help A LOT to avoid lacking areas or overlapping them. On my first leg I wasn't careful enough and I ended up overlapping a couple of times. Only after some time I felt the burning. It wasn't painful, but it wasn't nice. Those burnings left dark marks all over, and it took weeks to disappear (but it did!).

Treating my legs might have taken some 10-15 min. I'm not sure, I forgot to check. Anyway, it was quite fast. The machine was ready for the next zap in 2-3 secs, as promised.

Then I tried the armpits. Again, it felt like a gentle rubber band, not more than that. Each armpit might have taken one minute.

Last I tried on my face, cause to be honest I was a little afraid. Funny but it wasn't as sensitive as the knee! Only the stop right under the nose felt like a rubber band. But it was one zap only. The others were quite easy.

During the treatment: It smells like burnt hair. But, who cares? Let the motherfather burn!!!

During the next hours; The treated skin continued a bit red. The overlapped areas in my leg became brown.

During the next couple of days: The brown spots started to peel. The hair can be felt on the surface, but unlike shaved hair, it's quite soft.

No comments: